Authors, Coaching, Enterprise Radio, EPN News, Exclusive Interviews, Leadership
What does a Black Belt Know About Leadership?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 13:00 — 8.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Scott Alexander, coach, speaker, instructor and author of Lead Like a Black Belt ™ who helps people and companies break through to the next level of leadership joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Scott Alexander discuss the following:
- What does it mean to lead like a black belt?
- You write that “Karate is the pursuit of perfection that is ultimately futile,” can’t that be said of the pursuit of leadership?
- What are three things that make leaders great rather than just OK?
- Can middle managers benefit from the mindset of leading like a black belt?
- What are we all getting wrong about Leadership and how do you help people (and companies) fix it?
Leadership and martial arts expert Scott Alexander is an entrepreneur, leader, coach, and teacher who works with individuals and organizations to improve their impact. Scott is adept at meeting people (and organizations) where they are and pushing them to the next level of performance. With a master’s degree in psychology from Boston College, he honed his skills as a leader working in both large and small organizations in C-level positions for over 20 years.
A 5th Degree Black Belt and the author of Lead Like a Black Belt ™, Scott’s insights as an accomplished master martial artist and instructor casts Leadership in a new light. The result is that people can take concrete, tactical and yes, philosophical steps to become better leaders in their workplaces, communities, and families.
Scott draws on his experiences in business and martial arts to challenge people and organizations to be principle-driven in order to be more successful.
Social Media Links: