Wedspire: Approaching a Traditional industry with Innovation
Afeisha James-Kipps, CEO and Co-Founder of Wedspire, the first online wedding marketplace joins eCommerce Radio to discuss approaching a traditional industry with innovation.
- What made you start Wedspire?
- The Wedding industry is deeply rooted in traditions, What have you done to approach this industry with Innovation?
- With Millennial Engaged Couples expecting on demand service, how do you stay up to date with what their needs are? How do you implement that into your business?
- You are in a unique business where you are an E-commerce platform but your product is other professionals. Have you encountered difficulties with driving traffic from both the consumer side (Engaged Couples) and the Product Side (Wedding Professionals)?
- You’ve shared the innovative need that your company Wedspire has filled. What are you doing to maintain Innovation?
- If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out in the wed-tech industry, what would it be?
Afeisha James-Kipps comes to Wedspire after a prolific career in event management. She has helped plan large-scale festivals and conferences, including Caribana, the largest Caribbean festival in North America, where she served as the Arts & Entertainment Chair. When Afeisha transitioned to her role as the events director at an international hotelier, the memorable experience of working on several large weddings there led her to fall in love with the wedding industry. Passionate about catering to every couple’s unique style and vision, Afeisha founded Wedspire in order to do just that by pairing couples with the best wedding vendors in the industry.