Using Curiosity to have better conversations that enhance connections, collaboration and understanding
Kathy Taberner and Kirsten Siggins, a mother/daughter team who are Co-Founders of the Institute of Curiosity and co-authors of ‘The Power of Curiosity: How to Have Real Conversations That Create Collaboration, Innovation and Understanding joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is brought to you by DesignCrowd.com. Learn more and receive your Enterprise Radio $100 VIP offer when you start your next project.
- It’s rare to hear of a mother/daughter business relationship – what do you do to make your relationship work?
- Tell us a bit about what you do at the Institute of Curiosity?
- There is a lot of talk about ways to use curiosity right now. How exactly does one use curiosity in conversations to enhance relationships?
- What makes using curiosity in conversations so valuable? Why should we be more curious?
Often as entrepreneurs we have to have conversations that we dread, that we know are going to be uncomfortable and we simply want to avoid them at all costs. How can curiosity help us in that type of situation?
- What’s one tip listeners can take away and do today to help them improve the quality of their conversations, just one thing that would make a difference and improve the quality of their life?
Kathy Taberner and Kirsten Siggins are mother/daughter certified executive coaching team with a focus on curiosity and authors of The Power Of Curiosity: How To Have Real Conversations That Create Collaboration, Innovation and Understanding.
After 10 years working in leadership development, the biggest need they saw was the lack of curiosity in conversations, which led to conflict. As mother/daughter they knew too well the dance that takes place when we tell others what to do – it shuts down conversations, limits understanding and creates conflict.
The Institute Of Curiosity was created by recognizing the need for less telling and more curiosity in conversations within organizations, leadership development, and families to improve the quality of our conversations, strengthen our relationships and have those dreaded conversations with ease.
We all want to be seen, heard and understood and Kathy and Kirsten are passionate about sharing their 3 life changing Curiosity Skills that enable you to live the life you want, drama free.