In the fight against Covid 19, you must know who the virus infects a person. Experts say Covid 19 can be spread from one person to another or through surfaces when someone who is infected coughs, talks or sneezes close to an uninfected person.
The CDC also confirms that coronavirus can contaminate the surface and remain contagious for hours and days, depending on the type of surface. The good news is that disinfectants like hand sanitizers and soap can kill the virus. Below is the latest expert information on the tips for keeping your home Covid 19 free.
Maintain Good Personal Hygiene
To help stop this virus or any other respiratory infection and bacterial infection, you should hand wash as frequently as possible for 20 seconds with soap and running water, especially when:
- Coughing, sneezing, or blowing the nose – Remember not to do so using your hands. Cough or sneeze into your arm or tissue. Immediately through the tissue to a pin and wash your hands.
- Preparing food or eating – wash your hands first, disinfect the surface before placing food, and thoroughly clean the produce.
- Handling a baby – always wash your hands before touching the baby and maintain a clean environment for the baby to play around.
- Touching your face- always wash your dry them before touching your face possibly, avoid doing so.
You can buy mini hand sanitizer in bulk, about 70% plus alcohol-based, to disinfect your hands on the go.It will go a long way in helping your hands clean when you are not close to running water and soap, which is ideal for maintaining personal hygiene.
Clean And Disinfect Surfaces
It is crucial that you clean and disinfect surfaces that are in constant contact with people by using the right disinfectants capable of killing bacteria and viruses and not just making surfaces sparkle and shine.
Remember to keep strangers out. If they have to come in, you should carefully clean and disinfect anything that they touch and wait until it dries before anyone in the family can touch that particular item and regularly clean surfaces like doorknobs, tables, and handrails.
Proper Ventilation At Home
Open windows and adjust the air conditioner will help in reducing the spread of the virus. It helps in temperature control, cooling, and air circulation. In this way, the virus concentration that leads to Covid 19 can reduce.
The virus can not move through the air effectively from one person to another due to the continuing airflow. This is one easy way to control the spread of germs in your, and it helps drive out contaminants, airborne infections, and healthier for you and the family to get fresh air.
Handle Your Mail And Deliveries Carefully
As online sales are still on the rise due to the Covid 19, it is essential to know how to handle your parcels as they get dropped right at your doorstep. The virus can live on the cardboard for up to 24 hours, two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.
You can quarantine the packages by leaving them at the foyer for a minimum of 24 hours. Then you can use cloves to open them up and only remove the vital staff then discard the boxes, finally wipe down the contents of the parcel with disinfectants.
Wash Your Laundry Properly
To minimize the likelihood of dispersing the virus;
- Avoid shaking dirty laundry to eliminate contamination through the air.
- Wear gloves when handling dirty clothes.
- Wash using the hottest appropriate water setting according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Separate and wash a sick person’s laundry from the rest.
- Clean and disinfect laundry hampers.
- Discard the gloves and wash your hands with soap or use a hand sanitizer.
Clean The Floors Regularly
Keep the floor surface germs free by cleaning them with water and soap or upgrading hard floor cleaners like vacuum cleaners for soft surfaces like rugs or carpets. You can also throw them in the laundry at the warmest temperature according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the recommended household disinfectant to clean surfaces.
Remember To Leave Your Shoes At The Door
It is mindful of being careful of our cleanliness and leaving our shoes at the door. It prevents dirt from spreading into our main living area and reduces the spread of harmful microbes.
You can create a space at the door or in the hallway by placing a small shoe rack or stool where you will be removing your shoes, and then regularly clean and disinfect the place to kill all germs.
Clean Your Electronics
As your gardens are often the most handled products in our homes, these items can collect many harmful microbes, so it is virtual. You can buy mini hand sanitizer in bulk for gadgets such as phones, chargers, cables, tablets, touch screens, monitors, remotes, controls, and keyboards.
You should wipe and disinfect the electronics by following the manufacturer’s instruction and recommendations, and you can check the EPA list to find the right disinfectant that kills the coronavirus
Take Precaution When Handling The Sick
Be cautious when taking care of a sick member of the family by:
- Separate the bedroom and bathroom – for the sick and not sick, the ill must stay separate to contain the disease.
- Eat separately – should eat or be fed in their room as much as possible
- Wash dishes and utensils using gloves and hot running water and soap.
- Dedicate lined trash for the sick and use gloves when you handle the trash
- Discard the gloves and wash your hands using the seven steps for 20 seconds.
Be Mindful Of Your Pets
We all love pets, and often they lighten up our homes, and we love to pet them, but it is also important to take precautions for our sake and theirs, pets like rooming around out and inside. However, pets have a low chance of getting the disease.
It is crucial you wash your hands after being in contact with the pets and tray not leaving your pet out in about without your presence to avoid getting in touch with other animals, which may lead to other infections such as salmonella and E.coli fatal to humans.
Keep The Toys Clean
You can try and involve the kids on how to be good about cleaning their toys and disinfecting them to keep the kids out of harm. These toys usually fall on the floor, get moved, and are frequently in touch by multiple household members, therefore requiring constant cleaning.
Disinfect Reusable Bags
Sanitizing reusable bags can be a great ideal for shopping as it is easy to use as you know it’s clean rather than the grocery shop one as it has been in contact with multiple people. It gives you peace of mind instead that your bag is safe.