The Three Rooms Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
Kevin Murphy a former Wall Street managing director & Author of The Three Rooms: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Kevin Murphy discuss the following:
- Why this book, and why now?
- What is the main message, or takeaway you would like your readers to get from the book?
- This kind of book doesn’t seem to fit with your background: 33 years in the corporate world. How did you end up writing a book on thoughts and consciousness?
- How did you come up with the metaphor of the Three Rooms?
- There is a lot of material available today that highlights the power of our thoughts. How is this book any different?
- If so many people know they should live in the “present”, or in the “now”, why do so many people seem get stuck in the Past or Future Rooms?
- How about when you get dragged into the Past Room, even though you don’t want to go there. How do you prevent that from happening?
Kevin Murphy is a former Wall Street managing director for Citigroup, high school and collegiate wrestling champion, community activist, speaker, coach, and author of the book The Three Rooms.
These experiences have given Kevin a unique and eclectic mix of understanding human nature. He noticed that our happiness and unhappiness in life is always the result of our thoughts – whether observations of the present, memories from the past, or projected fears about the future. Combining this theory with the deep personal insights he attained along his own 20+ year spiritual journey, Kevin stepped away from the corporate world to write the book The Three Rooms, in which he explains how observing which room your thoughts are in, can change your experience of life.
The Three Rooms invites you to start the process of better monitoring your thoughts—while providing you the keys to transform your life by doing so. As Kevin notes, those thoughts merely affect our health, our wealth and our relationships.
Social Media Links:
People also listened to this: Unleash Different: Achieving Business Success Through Disability