The threat of “diabesity,” the link between Type II diabetes and obesity with Dr. Jean-Jacques Dugoua
Dr. Jean-Jacques Dugoua, or Dr. JJ as he is affectionately known once again joins Entrepreneurial Fit Radio. He is the Chief Medical Officer of the Liberty Clinic in downtown Toronto. Dr. Jean-Jacques is a Naturopathic Doctor (ND) with a Doctorate (PhD) in pharmacy science and co-author of “Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy and Lactation – An Evidence-based Approach First Edition”. He discusses the threat of “diabesity,” the link between Type II diabetes and obesity.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Jean-Jacques Dugoua discuss the following:
- For the benefit of listeners who have not had a chance to hear your previous interview, please tell us about yourself and the Liberty Clinic, which you run in Toronto.
- Speaking of health, a major issue in the news right now is the effort (in New York City) to ban these “super sized” soft drinks, which have a lot of sugar. Tell us about this threat of “diabesity,” the link between Type II diabetes and obesity.
- Beyond soft drinks, what other improvements can people make when it comes to diet?
- Share with us some success stories from your clinic where you’ve had a chance to work with patients battling diabetes.
- Personalized care is also a hallmark of your clinic. What can people expect when they visit the Liberty Clinic?
- What other health tips do you have for people dealing with the threat of diabetes?
Dr. Jean-Jacques Dugoua, or Dr. JJ as he is affectionately known, is a Naturopathic Doctor (ND) with a Doctorate (PhD) in pharmacy science. He is a clinical pharmacologist, public speaker and researcher. Dr. JJ is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor since 2003. He is the Chief Medical Officer of the Liberty Clinic in downtown Toronto and the first ND to practice at the Toronto Western Hospital in the Artist Health Center, one of the few NDs practicing in a hospital in Canada. He does research with the Motherisk Program at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto where he heads the MotherNature Network.
Dr. JJ is a co-author of “Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy and Lactation – An Evidence-based Approach First Edition”). He has published many peer-reviewed scientific publications in the medical literature. He is a world expert on natural products pharmacology and pregnancy safety. Print and television media frequently consult him, including regular appearances on the Marilyn Denis Show.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: