The Strategy Mindset by Dr. Chuck Bamford
Dr. Chuck Bamford, the author of The Strategy Mindset joins Enterprise Radio. Dr. Bamford is the Managing Partner of Bamford Associates, a firm focused on developing practical strategic plans and working with companies to implement those plans throughout the organization.
- Looking at the title of your book, can you tell us what strategy is a “mindset”?
- Can you talk about the science of strategy? How can it be taught?
- You make it pretty clear in the book that you’re not a fan of SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats). What’s so bad about that approach to formulating strategy?
- You claim that businesses are terrible at strategy…how so?
- The book contains a chapter on why you need a reason to exist as an organization, or, a mission. Seems obvious but why do few start out with a mission?
Dr. Chuck Bamford is the managing partner of Bamford Associates, a firm focused on developing practical strategic plans and working with companies to implement those plans throughout the organization. He is the author of THE STRATEGY MINDSET.
Before earning his PhD, Bamford spent twelve years in industry. For the past twenty years, he has taught strategy and entrepreneurship at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels. He is currently an adjunct professor at the University of Notre Dame and has won eighteen teaching excellence awards, including nine executive MBA Professor of the YearAwards and has been named a Noble Foundation Fellow in Teaching Excellence.
Bamford is the author of five textbooks in both Strategy and Entrepreneurship. His research studies have appeared in the top journals of both fields and he regularly contributes to news organizations.