The Rugged Entrepreneur, What Every Disruptive Business Leader Should Know
Carlton Scott Andrew, the CEO of Retail Service Systems and author of the new booked “The Rugged Entrepreneur – What Every Disruptive Business Leader Should Know” joins Enterprise Radio. With two popular franchise models within home furnishings and germ remediation, Carlton is a Rugged Entrepreneur with a proven track record and method for success.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Carlton Scott Andrew discuss the following:
- You and your wife Daphne have a successful career as serial entrepreneurs. Your new book, The Rugged Entrepreneur: What Every Disruptive Business Leader Should Know, shares what you’ve learned over the years about starting and/or running businesses. Have all of your startups been successful?
- Rugged Entrepreneurs are set apart from other entrepreneurs because of how they shake things up. What skills define a Rugged Entrepreneur?
- Can anybody become a Rugged Entrepreneur or is it something you’re born with?
- Your wife Daphne is your partner in your business ventures. What’s it like to work and live with your business partner?
- Can you tell us a little bit about the Rugged Buc Labs program at East Tennessee State University?
- You make it a priority to talk with other people who have been highly successful in their careers. You’ve had conversations with Colonel Oliver North and multi-billionaire Shahid Khan, the owner of Flex-n-Gate and the Jacksonville Jaguars. Who have you met, and what are some of the gems you have learned from them?
- Family is important to you. Your BoxDrop Mattress franchises are great startups for people because of the low franchise costs and flexible work hours. Did you do that on purpose and if so why?
- How has COVID-19 affected your businesses? What advice do you have for other entrepreneurs out there who are struggling with keeping their business afloat during the pandemic?
A perennial student both of human nature and American free enterprise, Carlton Scott Andrew has a lot to share about the attributes every entrepreneur needs to develop as they build their business, whether it is one they create from scratch or one they are launching from an established model. The Rugged Entrepreneur offers readers a blueprint for how to lay a sturdy foundation upon which to build that business. It also offers valuable insight into how to disrupt the marketplace with your most viable ideas.
As you read what is both a business memoir and business handbook, you will see how Andrew picked himself up from the inevitable early career stumbles and went on to create what is unquestionably an example of the great American Dream. Despite his inordinate hard work, you will love and want to emulate the unique way he has established a wonderful work-life balance too!
People also listened to this: What is Next in the Knowledge Industry Platform