Ben Davis, entrepreneur, Founder and President of The Gents Place, a lifestyle club founded in 2008, bringing men’s grooming to the next level joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Franchising Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & Ben Davis guest discuss the following:
- What can our audience of entrepreneurs learn from your experience? Good or bad?
- What inspired the creation of The Gents Place?
- What makes The Gents Place unique to other salons in the industry?
- How much does it cost to open a franchise location? Is there financing available?
- What are your best tips for creating a name for your business that clearly communicates your values?
Ben Davis, the Founder and President of The Gents Place, founded the men’s grooming and lifestyle lounge back in 2008. Since then, the company has grown to include lifestyle clubs in Dallas, Southlake and Frisco, Texas, as well as Leawood, Kansas with locations in addition to the development of two locations in Chicago, one in Austin and six in Houston. The Gents Place provides luxury men’s grooming services in addition to straight razor shaves, shoe shines and hand and foot repairs in a refined and timeless environment.
Once a busy executive with responsibilities far more reaching than his neckline, Ben formerly avoided haircuts at all costs. Tired of lamenting the choice of either going unkempt or suffering through discount barbershops and effeminate salons, Ben decided to go into business for himself, opening the first Gents Place to provide businessmen with an option complementary to their lifestyle, not corrosive to it.
Years later and amid applause from the likes of Forbes, GQ, Men’s Health, and the Dallas Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Awards, The Gents Place has made a nice dent in the industry—or, rather, helped repair an industry that had previously been dented.