The pressing challenge of leaders today with Jennifer Smith
- How did you come to specialize in leadership development and executive coaching?
- Given your expertise in this area, what would you say is a pressing challenge of leaders today?
- Why are leaders struggling with getting more done in a day?
- What impact is this having on leaders?
- How are you partnering with clients to help them with this challenge?
Jennifer Smith is a seasoned Executive Leadership Coach passionate about working with seasoned, results-focused leaders who are excited about making an impact and leaving a legacy. She has worked with leaders in Fortune 500 companies, medium to small businesses, and not-for-profit organizations globally. Her personalized, results-oriented coaching approach enables her to get at the root of the challenges her clients face; discover barriers along with the potential impact; develop strategies; and take action that moves them towards their goal.
Jennifer’s key areas of expertise include:
- Coaching leaders at the Director level and above in Global organizations to increase leader effectiveness which favorably impacts employee engagement.
- Facilitating leadership development sessions focused on helping leaders create sustainable behavioral change.
- Facilitating Succession Planning processes and partnering with HR Business Partners to help Senior Leaders distinguish between high potentials and the top 20% of high performers.
- Designing and facilitating team effectiveness sessions to help organizations achieve their goals.
She held senior organization development leadership positions at General Electric, Panasonic, and Munich Re America so she gets the challenges that leader face. In these roles, she led teams that were responsible for Leadership Development, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Diversity, and Compensation. Having an Accounting and Finance background, she was able to link interventions to business results and, ultimately, the calculation of ROI.
Because Jennifer specializes in Leadership Development, she has been brought into organizations to coach leaders, design development programs, facilitate programs, assess the effectiveness of existing programs, program manage sustainability efforts, and measure effectiveness. One example of this is when she led the roll-out of a 9 month Leadership Development Program roll-out for approximately 950 leaders globally which included certifying trainers and working with International partners to translate materials and schedule training. In addition, she coached leaders who were participating in the program to help them sustain the behavioral change.
Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation (ICF)
Certified Professional Coach (CPC), Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC)
Social + Emotional Intelligence Certified Coach®, Institute for Social + Emotional Intelligence (ISEI)®
Certified Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI), Type Resources
Certified Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP), iPEC
Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, General Electric
Certified Facilitator/Trainer, Langevin Learning Services
Education and Professional Associations
Jennifer holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Grambling State University and is a graduate of General Electric’s Financial Management Leadership Program (FMLP). She also holds a Master’s degree in Organization Development and Human Resources with a concentration in Organization Development from The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Jennifer is a member the International Coach Federation (ICF) and serves as a Board Member for ICF-NJ State Chapter.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play our EPN – Entrepreneur Podcast Network programming later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download our podcast programming using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: