Roberta Taylor, author of The Couple’s Retirement Puzzle joins Enterprise Radio. Roberta is the Principal of Pathmaking for Life, a consultancy specializing in life planning, retirement transition, and money coaching.
- What inspired you to work with people around retirement transition and to write your book, The Couple’s Retirement Puzzle?
- Why is planning so important and what do couples need to be talking about when dealing with retirement transition?
- Studies showed that less than 50% of couples plan for retirement. Why is that?
- What are some of the issues related to retirement for men? for women?
- What are the greatest challenges for small business owners and entrepreneurs when it comes to retirement?
- What are the options today for people who can’t afford to retire?
Roberta Taylor, board certified coach and psychotherapist, is an experienced individual and group therapist, couples relationship coach, author, and speaker. She serves as the principal of Pathmaking for Life, a consultancy specializing in life planning, retirement transition, and money coaching.
Taylor holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the State University of New York at Plattsburgh and a Master’s degree in Developmental Psychology from Rollins College. She received her coach training through the Institute of Life Coach Training.
The founding member and chair of the Boston Chapter of the Transition Network, Taylor is also on the Board of the New England Chapter of the National Speakers Association. She is a member of the International Coach Federation, the American Society on Aging, the Life Planning Network, Women Writers International and The Financial Therapy Association.
Taylor co-wrote The Couple’s Retirement Puzzle: 10 Must-Have Conversation for Transitioning to the Second Half of Life available now at amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com. She is a contributing author to Live Smart After 50: The Expert’s Guide to Life Planning for Uncertain Times, and The Six Secrets to a Happy Retirement: How to Master the Transition of a Lifetime.She is working on her next book, Single Women 60 and Over.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: