The Art of Preventing Stupid: How to Build a Stronger Business Strategy Through Better Risk Management
Matthew Neill Davis, an author, speaker and attorney who owns and manages Davis Law, PLLC, a firm dedicated to helping business owners make smart business decisions joins Enterprise Radio. His new book is “The Art of Preventing Stupid: How to Build a Stronger Business Strategy Through Better Risk Management”.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Matthew Neill Davis discuss the following:
- Business is filled with detours and challenges. But who’s fundamentally responsible for the problems facing a business?
- Why do you say many business failures look alike? Don’t they come in countless varieties?
- So let’s get into the kinds of failures that can bring a business down — if they’re not anticipated, as you say.
- Are there other kinds of catastrophes owners should prepare for? It seems like there would be endless possibilities.
- Beyond catastrophes, what’s the next kind of failure?
- So what’s the question to ask to recognize, and then address ignorance?
- We’ve got catastrophes and ignorance — one outside the purview of the company and one very much within the company. What else?
- How can you convince a growth-hungry business owner to focus on routines instead?
- What’s the overall value in focusing on business failures this way?
- Is this really part of an overall defensive business strategy?
- So you’re saying that preventing so many stupid mistakes requires disciplined foresight, right?
Matthew Neill Davis is an author, speaker and attorney. He owns and manages Davis Law, PLLC, a firm dedicated to helping business owners make smart business decisions. The firm finds solutions to pressing problems and issues that business owners encounter, and runs custom legal departments for businesses and nonprofits. They use the comprehensive, proprietary systems Davis developed while serving as general counsel for a range of companies. Davis Law has made the Law Firm 500 three times as one of the fastest-growing law firms in the U.S. Davis lives in Enid, Oklahoma with his wife and five children. His new book is The Art of Preventing Stupid: How to Build a Stronger Business Strategy Through Better Risk Management (An Inc. Original, April 2, 2019). Learn more at matthewneilldavis.com.
People also listened to this: Ways to Groom Your Child for the Family Business