Tax Tips and Real Estate Investment Advice
- Who should invest in real estate?
- Does investing real estate increase your tax deductions?
- For those who are not good savers, is investing in real estate a good option for planning ahead?
- What percent of an individual savings should be put into real estate investments?
- What is your top tax advice that small business owners may not know?
- If someone is interested in setting up a small business, what financial considerations should be made prior starting the business?
- How can people use tax deductions to their advantage?
- Are there any commonly overlooked tax deductions you can share?
Mr. Ramnarain is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in both Florida and Massachusetts. He worked for 10 years in the Banking industry in Miami, FL; prior to such, he spent two “busy seasons” as a “Big 4” External Auditor in Boston, MA as well as in Miami. In all of these roles, Mr. Ramnarain spent countless hours meeting with Senior Management members pursuant to a variety of topics; functioning as the main liaison between the company and the External Auditors; developing a deep understanding of the Banking and Financial Services industries; and perfecting his extensive researching and documentation skills.
Mr. Ramnarain also spent 3 years as an Instructor for Becker CPA, the #1 CPA Exam Preparation company. He holds two Master’s degrees – the first one being a Master of Science in Accounting from Boston College and the second one being a Master of Taxation from Nova Southeastern University in South Florida.
Mr. Ramnarain completed his undergraduate work at Fordham University in New York City, where he majored in Business Administration (concentrating in Finance) while working 20 hours a week in the field of Credit Analysis at a major municipal bond insurance company.
Mr. Ramnarain’s charitable work is also noteworthy as he is a “Founding Forty” member of the Envision Broward group within the United Way in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He is also a key member of 2-1-1 Broward and was previously involved with the Young Professionals for Covenant House. In addition, Mr. Ramnarain has participated in charity events associated with Boston College, the American Heart Association, and the March of Dimes.
While away from the office, Mr. Ramnarain, a fitness enthusiast, can be found doing gym cardiovascular work, playing fast-paced full-court basketball, or practicing yoga.