eDC, Enterprise Radio, EPN News, Exclusive Interviews, Facebook Radio, Open for Business, Real Estate
Talking Paris attacks and Ferguson with Derrick Parks, CEO of Metropolitan Protective Services
Mr. Derrick Parks, the President/CEO of Metropolitan Protective Services, Inc. talks about the recent Paris attacks and Ferguson, Missouri on this episode of Enterprise Radio. Mr. Parks founded and started MPSI with his background in police law enforcement and following his vision and aspirations to establish and operate a successful Physical Security Company.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Mr. Derrick Parks discuss the following:
- Tell us a bit about your company, Metropolitan Protective Services. What do you do, how you got started and what gave you the idea to start your own business.
- Many times the general public takes security for granted, but it’s a job that the professionals take seriously every day in the field. What’s the training process like for your workers and the folks you hire. Who do you recruit and how do your train your employees who are on the front lines everyday securing the public, providing safety while doing their job?
- What are some challenges that you face in the security field on a day to day basis?
- Security and terrorism plays a large role in our lives every day, especially since 9/11. Can you talk about the role of security and being safe in public places in today’s society and what that entails and the important role that your employees have.
- With the recent situation in Ferguson, Missouri – the role of the police and local communities was highlighted. As someone that’s worked in law enforcement, can you talk about the importance of the relationship between a community and local law enforcement officials.
- Can you also talk about what went wrong in Ferguson, and what if anything could have been done differently.
- As far as the recent attack in Paris, from what you know can you comment on that situation and what exactly if anything went wrong or could have been done differently from a security perspective.
- Can you give our listeners a recent example where your security team was put to the test my some incident that occurred and how your team handled it.
- Finally, as we move forward in society, and with security continuing to play a larger and larger role in our lives, where do you see the industry and your business growing over the next few years.
Mr. Parks, President/CEO of Metropolitan Protective Services, Inc. founded and started MPSI with his background in police law enforcement and following his vision and aspirations to establish and operate a successful Physical Security company that focuses on safety, excellence in performance, customer service and Client satisfaction. Under his leadership, the company has grown into a multi-million dollar organization and he continues to oversee the day –to-day operations of MPSI.
He used to be the assistant chief of police for a town locally in Maryland.
Metropolitan Protective Services, Inc. is a Maryland based company licensed in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration as a certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB); Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) Certified; a Local , Small, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (LSDBE) certified by the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority and contracted and registered on the General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule.
MPSI currently provides professional, steadfast reliable and expert security services to the private commercial industry, foreign governmental entities, the federal, state, and local governments. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Armed Uniformed Guards
- Unarmed Uniformed Guards
- Loss Prevention
- GSA Certified Officers trained
Department of Homeland Security Efforts
- Secret/Top Secret Cleared Officers
- Emergency Response Team Services
- Incident Management and Continuity of Operations
- Law Enforcement Training
- Locksmith Services