Kate Tanner, owner of Kidstop Toys and Books and the former president of American Specialty Toy Retailing Association joins Enterprise Radio. Kidstop Toys is one or only two independent toys retailers left in Arizona. Kate is hear to share what makes an independent retailer special, especially KidStop Toys and tips for how any small business can survive the “Amazons” of the world during the retail season.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Kate Tanner discuss the following:
- For those listeners that might not know, what is Kidstop Toys?
- What makes Kidstop Toys or other independent retailers better than large chain stores?
- What have you done to stay competitive against online shopping sites such as Amazon?
- What are the biggest challenges facing independent retailers today?
- What did you learn from being the President of ASTRA?
- What is your advice to independent retailers to stay afloat?
Kidstop Toys & Books is one of the last independent toy stores headquartered in the state of Arizona. The store carries all the great toys that can be found under one roof. Games, outdoor toys, dolls, baby toys and books, if it’s a great toy, they carry it! The store specializes in that specialized personal touch and you can also shop online. For those customers in Arizona and those visiting, they even wrap your gifts and bring it to you curbside!
Related Web Site: www.kidstoptoys.com
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: