Social media: Understanding its role in the business fraternity
Social media is the buzz word everywhere. Practically, every other person has heard of it or is literally involved in some sort of social media activity. Social media behemoths like Facebook, Twitter or YouTube are always battling it out to capture the lion’s share of the Internet traffic.
For many people it’s just a craze, however, marketing professionals will swear by social media as a great marketing tool for Business. Most of the people don’t know how to leverage the potential of social media. Therefore, they must be ready to learn about the way to use social media for marketing purpose effectively.
Social media for marketing benefits
Here are few types of social media marketing used by marketing executives:
- Social network websites – These are social networking communities that offer immense business potential. People take part in business networking through social media. Social networking websites have huge networks that can be used to conduct business and share ideas with other marketing professionals.
- Business to business marketing – A surprising number of business organizations are using social media to implement their marketing plans and increase their business productivity.
Options for social media marketing
Here are some of the most revered social media websites that has been dominating the web world:
- Facebook – Top business executives vouch on Facebook as a cheap marketing alternative. More than half of the world’s populations have a Facebook account. Therefore, it is extremely important for a business organization to consider using Facebook as one of the main tools of marketing. This is because they can draw thousands of viral traffic to their official website and promote their brand.
- YouTube – This is another winner from the Google stable. It is a free video sharing website which has several million online visitors per day. This is a great platform to convey one’s business purpose to online people, through video podcasts.
- Twitter – It is a micro-blogging website. Millions across the globe have a Twitter account and post regular personal and business updates. People share their thoughts (known as tweet) and take part in online conversation. Thus, this is also another indispensable social media marketing tool.
Finally, all the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN and so on give a lot of importance on a website’s social presence. It is a big factor in determining a website’s position in the search engine results page.