Social Media and the Stock Market
Mark D’Arcy, President and CEO of FINCAD, a derivatives risk management software and pricing solution joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Mark D’Arcy discuss the following:
- After the GameStop run-up, there seems to be a realization that social media and easy access to the marketplace can create risk for the retail investor and some level of havoc for the marketplace. What are your thoughts on creating safeguards, if any, for this sort of emotion-based investing?
- Derivatives has been compared to a sort of “second layer” of investment activity. For our general business audience, can you provide an overview of the derivatives marketplace and how it impacts the economy?
- In a broad sense, can you share your thoughts on creating regulatory “guard rails” for the investment marketplace – and why such oversight is necessary rather than stifling?
- Do you feel that this uptick in retail consumer activity, that is in terms of Meme investing such as Gamestop, etc, has a silver lining for consumers and the marketplace? Why or why not?
Mark D’Arcy, is the President and CEO of FINCAD, a derivatives risk management software and pricing solution. A former systems engineer, Mark has more than 20 years of experience building and leading global risk functions within financial institutions, driving change in complex and ambiguous situations, and spearheading innovation.
Mark is a graduate from the University of California, San Diego, and holds an MBA from New York University’s Leonard N. Stern School of Business.
- Empire Stock Investor Review
- Can you sue if you lost money from stocks?
- Is now the best time to be investing in stocks?
People also listened to this: A Smart Tool in the Fight Against Water Damage