Michael Shapiro, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HÔM Sotheby’s International Realty, that has become the leading purveyor of luxury real estate and related services in the region joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is brought to you by DesignCrowd.com. Learn more and receive your Entrepreneur Podcast Network $100 VIP offer when you start your next project.
- What differentiates HOM from other brokerages?
- How does working with reality television stars differ from working with more traditional real estate agents? And how do you groom them accordingly?
- You have a background in economics, specifically on the trading floor in Chicago. How does this background and these insights help to drive your work with the brokerage?
- What trends are you seeing today and what trends do you think will take Shape in the next 1 to 3 years in the real estate business?
- What do you think is the most commonly misunderstood aspect of the real estate business, and what do you wish agents better understood?
TIP: Read newspapers and devour news coverage in general – makes you better informed about data and news and more engaging with clients.
Michael Shapiro is the chairman and chief executive officer of HÔM Sotheby’s International Realty. In 2008 he purchased a majority stake, recapitalizing the corporation. Employing his specific understanding of distressed markets, gathered while working as a market maker and trader at the Chicago Board of Options Exchange for nearly a decade; Shapiro’s leadership continues to inspire tremendous advancement. Growing from 36 associates and 200 million in sales to 400 associates and over 2.5 billion in sales, the company has become the leading purveyor of luxury real estate and related services in the region. HÔM also retains a staggering 2 billion dollars in listing inventory and another 500 million in exclusive offerings.
Utilizing the business acumen garnered while making markets for stock options for Merck Pharmaceuticals; Shapiro has also developed three profitable financial divisions for HÔM including escrow, lending, and title services. Consistently active in venture capital endeavors, he has also participated the success of several other businesses. Shapiro resides in Newport Beach with his wife of twenty-five years and his three rescue canines. Committed to the community in which he lives and serves Shapiro and his wife granted the bracchae-therapy treatment facility and device to HOAG Hospital, and are avid cancer research and treatment philanthropists.