Ron Atapattu weighs in on Shipping and Logistics
Ron Atapattu, Founder and President of Overseas Cargo, Inc. (ShipOCI), a leader in transportation logistics and supply-chain management, specializing in third party logistics and cold chain joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Ron Atapattu discuss the following:
- We last interviewed you back in the summer of 2015. Since then, what has been going on with Overseas Cargo Inc. since then?
- How has the industry changed in the last year and a half and have there been any note-worthy happenings you would like to mention to us?
- Based on the impending President-elect’s stance, what are your thoughts for your industry?
- What is keeping you up at night?
- What are the opportunities that you look forward to taking advantage of over the next few years?
Logistics veteran and Overseas Cargo, Inc. (ShipOCI) Founder & President, Ron Atapattu brings to the table over 30 years of experience handling supply chain management, distribution, transportation, inventory management and warehousing for some of the world’s most recognizable brands, including General Mills and PepsiCO.
Born in Sri Lanka and raised in the UK, Mr. Atapattu brings a global perspective to the clients he serves. He has built his business on providing solutions, not excuses, which has allowed him to grow ShipOCI into the 3PL leader in refrigerated freight and the retail industry in the US, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America.
Ron’s engineering background and early exposure to computers paved the way for the development of proprietary software, Rapid Link and eRapidbuy, that gives customers the unique ability to be hands on with their own supply chain management. This type of forward thinking has established a record of excellent service and long-term relationships with ShipOCI customers.
When Ron isn’t busy with operational responsibilities including major distribution centers, production planning, inbound logistics and global transportation, he is most likely pursuing his passion, racing cars.