Red Flags of Love Fraud with Donna Andersen
Donna Andersen just come out with a new book called, “Red Flags of Love Fraud—10 signs you’re dating a sociopath” and joins Enterprise Radio to talk about it. She is also the author of Lovefraud.com, a website that teaches people how to recognize and recover from sociopaths.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Donna Andersen discuss the following:
- What exactly is a sociopath?
- You were married to a sociopath, can you explain briefly what you experienced?
- Why are sociopaths difficult to recognize?
- What are the warning signs that you may be dating or know someone who may be a sociopath?
- What advice can you share with the listeners and where can they purchase your book?
Red Flags of Love Fraud — 10 signs you’re dating a sociopath
The newest book by Donna Andersen, author of Lovefraud.com
— You meet someone who seems to be Prince or Princess Charming. Your new romantic partner says you are “soul mates,” and quickly proclaims undying love. You fall head over heels, only to discover that you’ve fallen into a web of deceit and destruction. It’s called “love fraud,” and a new book, due out in June 2012, will help you avoid it: Red Flags of Love Fraud—10 signs you’re dating a sociopath.
The author is Donna Andersen, who is also author of Lovefraud.com. Andersen coined the term “love fraud,” and defines it as “the intentional exploitation of an individual through manipulating emotions in a personal relationship.” The people who engage in love fraud, she says, are sociopaths.
Andersen learned about sociopaths the hard way—by marrying one. In two years, this man defrauded Andersen of $227,000, cheated with at least six women, fathered a child with one of them, and then, 10 days after Andersen left him, married the mother of the child. It was the second time he committed bigamy. Andersen’s first book, Love Fraud, tells the whole outrageous story.
Because of her experience, Andersen launched Lovefraud.com to teach people how to recognize and recover from sociopaths. “Sociopaths are not all deranged serial killers,” she says. “But they are social predators, and live their lives by exploiting others—especially their romantic partners.”
Red Flags of Love Fraud explains:
- The top 10 signs of sociopathic suitors (Number One: charisma and charm)
- Why anyone is vulnerable—especially powerful women
- How sociopaths use love bombing to seduce their targets
- Why there’s no such thing as “just sex”
- Three steps everyone can take to protect themselves from love fraud
- Andersen bases her information on what happened to her—and thousands of Lovefraud readers. Her website draws 50,000 unique visitors a month, and she has collected 2,700 cases. Andersen also conducted two Internet surveys, each with more than 1,300 respondents, to gather data about sociopathic relationships.
- This book provides a clear explanation of social predators, how they seduce their targets, why it’s so difficult to escape the relationships, and how people can avoid them in the first place. It is a must-read for anyone looking for a partner—and anyone who is mystified by the partner they have.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: