Putting the right pieces in place: passion + partners
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest James Hagen discuss the following:
- What is your background and what is Boka?
- What was the passion that led you down the path to co-found Boka?
- How does holistic health tie into a toothbrush company?
- How do you find a partner that matches that same passion?
- Tell us about the process is bulding a nice professional web site and finding the right eCommerce platform to do business.
- What are the 3-5 criteria entrepreneurs should apply to finding the right business partner?
James Hagen started his career as a hedge fund analyst in New York before moving back to his hometown of Minneapolis where he is now the President of American Dental Accessories and Co-Founder of Boka.
For the past eight years, James has worked in eCommerce and digital marketing, both starting consumer brands from scratch and modernizing a catalog company. He’s particularly interested in preventive health and optimizing a lifestyle that promotes wellness. His interest in preventive health led him down the path to co-found Boka.
Boka is an oral-care subscription service that provides simple, beautifully-designed oral products every three months. James has a BA from the University of Michigan and received his MBA from Columbia University.