Overseas Cargo, Inc. (ShipOCI), your specialized one-stop connection to integrated Supply Chain Solutions
Ron Atapattu, President & Founder of Overseas Cargo, Inc. (ShipOCI), a third-party logistics provider specializing in refrigerated cargo, cross docking, ocean freight, trucking, rail, air and inventory tracking for worldwide supply chain management solutions joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Ron Atapattu discuss the following:
- Tell us about ShipOCI and how it came to be?
- Your daughter, Shani, is now vice president of the company. Was it always your intention to create a family business?
- Tell us about your proprietary software, RapidLink, which offers customers a transparent and interactive interface when it comes to supply chain management.
- How will this software play a role in revolutionizing the logistics sector?
- What advice do you have for young entrepreneurs who are looking to get into logistics today?
Logistics veteran and Overseas Cargo, Inc. (ShipOCI) Founder & President, Ron Atapattu brings to the table over 30 years of experience handling supply chain management, distribution, transportation, inventory management and warehousing for some of the world’s most recognizable brands, including General Mills and PepsiCO.
Born in Sri Lanka and raised in the UK, Mr. Atapattu brings a global perspective to the clients he serves. He has built his business on providing solutions, not excuses, which has allowed him to grow ShipOCI into the 3PL leader in refrigerated freight and the retail industry in the US, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America.
Ron’s engineering background and early exposure to computers paved the way for the development of proprietary software, Rapid Link and eRapidbuy, that gives customers the unique ability to be hands on with their own supply chain management. This type of forward thinking has established a record of excellent service and long-term relationships with ShipOCI customers.
When Ron isn’t busy with operational responsibilities including major distribution centers, production planning, inbound logistics and global transportation, he is most likely pursuing his passion, racing cars.