NYC Bagel Deli of Chicago with Corey Kaplan
Corey Kaplan, founder and owner of NYC Bagel Deli, which sells over 1,000 bagels daily through three urban locations around downtown Chicago joins Enterprise Radio. Kaplan is also the owner of Slices, which is a NYC-style pizza shop located also in downtown Chicago.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with eChicago (Greater Chicago Entrepreneurs).
- How did you come up with the concept for NYC Bagel Deli in Chicago?
- What is your overall marketing strategy?
- How have you used Groupon? What were the results?
- How have you used social media?
- Do you have one single piece of advice for other entrepreneurs?
Corey Kaplan’s vision of bringing a New York Style “pizza joint” to Chicago was created after his first successful business endeavor NYC Bagel Deli. The first store opened in 1999 in Chicago. NYC Bagel Deli has been very “accepted” in the City of Big Shoulders with New York style kettle-boiled bagels, 5-STAR Catering, mouth-watering sandwiches, homemade cream cheeses and Boar’s Head meats and cheeses. NYC Bagel Deli is one of only 12 Deli’s of Distinction in the United States, as awarded by Boar’s Head Brand Provisions.