Meet Rising Entrepreneur and CEO of The Marendo Group, Alex Cotraviwat
Alex Cotraviwat, Entrepreneur, CEO and Founder of a marketing and branding team, The Marendo Group made up of a group of rockstar marketing gurus joins Enterprise Radio. The Marendo Group provides their expertise to startup and emerging businesses looking for capital, investment, distribution, branding, marketing, sales, and event services.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Alex Cotraviwat discuss the following:
- Were there ever times where you really felt like giving up and if so, what did you do or say to yourself to keep yourself from abandoning your dream/business?
- In your experience dealing with multiple people on a daily basis, how do you tell who you can trust or who you think will actually be helpful from the people who are potentially feeding you BS?
- What’s the best piece of advice you ever got when you first began Marendo or your other businesses? Was there anyone you looked up to or did you just follow your own gut the whole time?
- When pitching ideas to potential clients or when trying to get investors on board, what thing(s) do you say or tactics do you use to convince them?
- A lot of your business involves the “hurry up and wait” work pattern. How do you keep on top of people(your staff, clients, etc.) without being too pushy or annoying?
- Is there such a thing as showing too much passion? Whether pitching to investors or simply explaining the nature of your business to anyone, are there instances where an entrepreneur or CEO like yourself should hold back and save face? If so, what are these instances?
- I’m sure you’ve come across people who have perhaps abused your trust or who have “stabbed you in the back”. How did you deal with these people and did it change the way you approached certain situations following the incident? How do you prevent it from happening in the first place?
In 2014, Marketing and branding expert Alex Cotraviwat launched his thriving marketing agency, The Marendo Group, a full service, creative, business development agency specializing in serving as the launchpad for start-ups and emerging businesses through providing capital, investment, distribution, branding, marketing, sales, and event services. The Los Angeles based company is founded on the principle of mapping out the clients goals first in order to create the marketing blueprint for the brand. It has provided his expertise to a number of start-ups as well as revived a plethora of companies in the automotive, golf, food, tattoos, and the fashion industry.
At 19 years old, Cotraviwat began to develop his talent in the marketing field when he founded, Kallusive Cars, a club specializing in advancing vehicle engines and customizing bodywork. Cotraviwat connected the cars to specific brands and placed many of them in notable movies such as Fast & The Furious and shows such as MTV’s Pimp My Ride.
In 2006, Cotraviwat founded his highly successful clothing line, Kallusive. a lifestyle brand that offered cutting edge graphics with thought-provoking, inspirational messages. The line ended up in popular urban stores such as Metropark, Up Against the Wall, Fred Segal, and DTLR. Kallusive became one of the most recognizable brands in the entertainment industry, particularly in the music and dance space. It was seen on the likes of 50 Cent, Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, Big Bang, Jersey Shore cast members, and America’s Best Dance Crew participants, including the infamous, JabbaWockeeZ. After much success, Cotraviwat sold the brand through private acquisition and went on to launch the Marendo group.
Since The Marendo Group’s launch, the company has grown to over 50 employees and has continued to use his visionary instincts to bring brands, companies, and most importantly, the client themselves to achieve their own success and thrive at their fullest potential.
The Marendo Group is currently located at the heart of Los Angeles at 7568 Melrose Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90046.