Making Home Security Smarter: Meet Sentry
Uday Kiran Chaka, the Founder & CEO of Sentry a company focusing on making home security platforms smarter joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Uday Kiran Chaka discuss the following:
- What is Smart Home Sentry’s primary business? What do you do?
- How do you make home security smarter?
- What types of activity do you track?
- How beneficial is this data to a home owner or community?
- Where can users get the Smart Home Sentry platform?
Uday Kiran Chaka is the Founder & CEO of Sentry. Prior to this, he was a co-founder of a smart home startup, angel investor, and a management consultant. Uday gained an MBA from Duke University and a B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi.
Smart Home Sentry (“Sentry”) is focused on making home security products more intelligent. Existing home security systems are good for monitoring and reporting, but they do not have the level of sophisticated AI to deliver data where action can be taken without actual human involvement.
The Company’s intelligent platform layers on top of nearly every camera on the market capturing granular data. The platform moves beyond package delivery, providing facial and vehicle identification, people & pet identification and real-time assessment of behavior.
As a result, Sentry AI suppresses up to 95 percent of false alerts and only notifies users for potentially critical events. This advancement in home security delivers a new level of intelligence not seen before.
Sentry fills a gap in the market between home security that makes time-poor consumers self-assess all alerts, and expensive real-human monitoring services.
The company currently offers computer vision and video analytics for security cameras and drones:
- Security Cameras: Sentry easily outfits home security cameras with AI technology in minutes.
- Security Drones: Sentry automatically detects human activity and moving vehicles from aerial cameras on drones traveling at 35 kmph, 2000m above ground. Drone fleets can be managed with fewer personnel, while enabling a highly effective industrial operation.
Intelligent. It’s the new safe.
People also listened to this: Scam prevention, tips and red flags, business entrepreneurs