Listening In With Lullwater: How This Indie Band Is Turning The Tide On The Music Industry
John Strickland of Lullwater, an alternative rock band out of Athens, Georgia that has received critical acclaim for their raw, powerful and emotionally explosive music and live performances joins the eMusician Podcast Show.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest John Strickland discuss the following:
- Tell us how you formed and a little bit about your sound.
- You’ve had two successful releases, been on countless tours with major artists and continue to receive great press and you are an unsigned band! What do you attribute your success to?
- For other indie artists listening, what advice would you give them to help get their careers moving in the right direction?
- It seems that you have spent the majority of your career on the road. How has this helped your trajectory as a band and what tips can you give our listeners as to best practices while on tour?
- What’s next for Lullwater?
- What is one thing that you want listeners and fans to know about the band and/or the music that they may not know?
“They brought out the very essence of rock and roll by pouring out their heart and soul on stage. The crowd loved every minute of it. It has always been about voice, song, and instruments blending together. Lullwater are doing just that, getting back to the basics in a music scene where bands who play your basic Rock ‘n Roll are often overlooked. “ – National Rock Review
For more than a decade, alt rockers Lullwater have been blazing their way to the top of the industry thanks to their gritty, Southern-infused sound and straight-up, raw performances.
Formed in 2007 in Athens, GA, the foursome was born from the indelible mark that the godfathers of grunge left on music. The convergence of this inspiration, mixed with a healthy helping of swagger, defines this critically acclaimed alternative rock band.
The group released its debut self-titled, full-length album in 2012 to rave reviews and were immediately invited to join some of the biggest tours that same year. Since that time, Lullwater has spent the majority of their career on the road sharing the stage with such A-list acts as Candlebox, Theory of a Deadman, Flyleaf, Passafire, Amaranthe, Butcher Babies, Another Lost Year and more and has released their sophomore album Revival (2015) as well as their brand new EP The Seattle Sessions.
Continually pushing the boundaries musically and artistically, the band recently released their highly publicized rendition of Pearl Jam’s iconic hit “Release.” Along with the single, Lullwater produced a riveting video that featured them performing the song live with Hall of Fame Inductee and Pearl Jam Drummer Dave Krusen and Multi-Platinum Selling Candlebox Vocalist Kevin Martin.
So what’s next for the band that has paved its own way by making no compromises or concessions? Well, that’s anyone’s guess. But one thing is for sure. For these four rockers, it will definitely be on their terms and it will definitely be nothing short of genius.