Kevin Seawright on continuing education and Notre Dame’s Executive Leadership Program
Kevin Seawright, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Newark Community Economic Development Corporation joins Enterprise Radio. For over 13 years, Kevin has used his financial expertise to better communities on the East Coast.
- You’ve recently completed Notre Dame’s Executive Leadership Program, can you explain your experience and why other business leaders and entrepreneurs would be interested?
- Was there a specific scenario that helped you make the decision to return to school for this program?
- What drew you specifically to Notre Dame’s program over other Executive Leadership Programs around the country?
- From this program, what were key takeaways and how will you apply them in your day-to-day work with the Newark Community Economic Development Corporation?
- What future courses or training do you recommend for leaders in your field?
Kevin Seawright is a financial & administrative operations leader known for his strategic vision and ability to achieve business goals and command new opportunities. For over 13 years, Kevin has used his financial expertise to better communities on the East Coast. He presents a unique blend of business acumen, team inclusion, financial private sector and governmental operations, and outcome efficiency.
Currently Kevin serves as Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of the Newark Community Economic Development Corporation. In his career Kevin has reformulated business strategies that have built responsive Accounting/Finance divisions (payables, receivables, collections, and payroll) that consistently delivers results by aligning technological initiatives with current organizational and economic goals. Kevin has also transformed corporate revenue planning processes that work effectively across the board for general contractors and sub-contractors throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Kevin’s career accomplishments include revenue enhancements that have helped the forecasting of annual returns increase by 25%, with goods and services rendered. In addition he has solidified Human Capital Divisions improving staff retention, enhancing recruitment efforts, collective bargaining, compensation adjustments, negotiations and change management. These processes have improved standardization, service delivery to customers, and enhanced company performance.
Kevin’s previous endeavors include over 13 years in Executive –level finance, human resources, and capital operational management, and he has been responsible for over $400M in city, state, federal, capital, private and bond funds during his career. Kevin has been responsible for over 600M in capital construction educational facilities projects during his career.
To learn more about Kevin Seawright visit www.officialkevinseawright.com.