José Chao, President & CEO of Coppa Cocktails USA, that creates bartender quality, ready-to-serve cocktails in beautifully crafted bottles joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Beverage Industry Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest José Chao discuss the following:
- Can you tell us a bit about your company?
- Coppa Cocktails is now available in 38 countries, can you tell me a little bit about why Coppa expanded into the US?
- I can see that Coppa Cocktails has beautiful packaging; could you tell me a bit about that influence behind the bottle?
- How does Coppa stand out in the very crowded RTD category?
- Sounds like you are having great success in a crowded category. What pointers can you share with others who would like to find similar success?
Cuban-born José Chao arrived in the US when he was 8 years old. His grandfather had been a cooper for a Cuban rum distillery, and Chao followed his footsteps into the liquor industry. Educated at the University of Illinois, the University of Michigan Ross School of Business, the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business, and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Chao’s career has included domestic and international leadership positions with multinationals such as Bacardi Global Brands, for which he spearheaded Global Duty Free/Travel Retail; Marie Brizard Wines & Spirits, for which he led U.S. sales; start-ups such as Blue Nectar Tequila; and his own company Horizon International brands.
Chao is currently President & CEO of Coppa Cocktails USA, a brand that is multi-national in scale yet in start-up phase in the U.S. Chao’s expertise forming overall brand strategy, securing distribution partners, negotiating distribution contracts, developing pricing strategies, designing groundbreaking and award-winning international marketing campaigns, and building high-performing teams is all in full force.
Chao lives between Miami, Chicago, and New York with his wife, and has three grown daughters. In his spare time, he enjoys all sports, travel, and fine dining.
People also listened to this: Forget shopping local, it’s time to start shopping social