How To Recover the Deleted and Lost Files on Windows Computer
Data Recovery has become an essential activity for people in the digital world. Sometimes the contract PDF files, important work materials, Microsoft Word documents or Excel spreadsheets, photos, and other documents can get deleted or lost at any time. Sometimes, we empty the Recycle Bin when we didn’t mean to and then regret that wrong operation for a long time. In this situation, you need to use data recovery to get the lost and deleted files back. This article will show you how to use MiniTool Power Data Recovery software to finish deleted file recovery.
- How to Retrieve the Deleted Files on Windows
- What Happens When a File Is Deleted or Lost
Accidental data loss is such a commonly seen digital disaster that nearly anyone has encountered. However, not everyone knows how to retrieve deleted files on PC or they give up seeking help.
Here, I will walk you through how to undelete files step by step. Then, I’ll show you what happens when files get deleted.
Please be advised that this tutorial to restore accidentally deleted data is very user-friendly and easy to understand.
How to Retrieve Deleted Files on PC
Recover Deleted Files Windows
Data loss nightmare can be avoided altogether if you have a good habit of making regular backups.
- The most effective way to get back the lost/ deleted documents is by recovering them from the backup.
- If you don’t have any backups, you are advised to check Windows Recycle Bin to see whether the important files you need remain there.
The simple steps to recover deleted files with Recycle Bin:
- 1.You can open the Recycle Bin by right-clicking and selecting “Open” from the context menu, alternatively, you can double click to open it.
- 2.Check if there are any files that you want to recover.
- 3.Right-click on the files that you need.
- 4.Choose Restore from the context menu and you can recover selected files. Another method for you is to drag the files directly out of Recycle Bin.
Do not panic if you cannot locate the files that you are looking for, because you still stand a good chance to get back the deleted files.
- If you have enabled System Restore, you can right click on the file and select Restore previous versions to recover the permanently deleted files
- For universal need, the free data recovery software like MiniTool Power Data Recovery can help you recover deleted files for free. The software also provides other advanced features for you to recover disk partition, get back data from SD card, camera, USB drive etc.
How can I get my files back if I delete them without realizing it’s a mistake? Please keep reading. (The instruction about how to recover deleted files in Windows 10, Windows 7 or other systems are basically the same.)
How to undelete important files with Power Data Recovery:
- 1.Download MiniTool Power Data Recovery and install it to a drive that does not contain any files waiting to be recovered.
- 2.Run the software. The software provides full support for common file types like documents, music, photos and videos.
Steps to recover deleted files after emptying Recycle Bin:
- 1.Select This PC from left sidebar on the software main UI.
- 2.Select the partition that contains the files you have deleted. (To save time, you can appoint the file type you need by clicking Settings)
- 3.Click Scan and wait for a while for the software to complete data scanning.
- 4.Browse the scan result and check the files that you want.
- 5.Click Save and set a storage location.
- 6.Click OK to confirm and wait till the data recovery process ends.
When all those operations are done, you complete the whole process of recovering lost and permanently deleted files.
What Happens When a File Is Deleted or Lost
When you delete files permanently, they do not disappear all of a sudden. You just lose entries to them but they still can be rescued. The situation is the same when a file system gets damaged.
A little background knowledge of what happens when you delete a file
When you delete a file in Windows Explorer, Windows will move it to Recycle Bin and mark it as deleted; even if it’s cleared from here, the actual data remain on your computer disk. That’s why you can recover a deleted file or folder by using the third-party file recovery software.
It’s definitely a useful skill to retrieve deleted files on Windows with the help of MiniTool data recovery software. In this post, some DIY recovery methods are provided to help you relieve the pressure of data loss. You may try the steps to get back the mistakenly deleted files.
The most important thing to notice is that you should stop writing any new data or using the PC after file deletion, otherwise, the old data will get overwritten and won’t get recovered anymore.