How to Reassess Your Marketing and Technology Efforts for 2018
Douglas is recognized as leading marketing and technology expert and runs MarTech [dot] Zone, a publication for businesses to research, discover, and learn how to leverage marketing technology to grow their business.
- What was the most important decision you made in 2017 regarding the direction of your business?
- DK New Media has now served the B2B industry for over a decade, what do you do differently than you did before to help businesses grow?
- What are the greatest technological advancements in marketing we’re going to see in 2018?
- Your publication, MarTech, is now accompanied by a community and a podcast. Why did you expand beyond blogging?
- What’s one thing that companies should do today to transform their online marketing?
Douglas states his greatest pride and accomplishment are his two children that he raised alone. His son, Bill, has graduated with a PhD in Math from the University of Illinois and is currently working as a Data Scientist at a young startup in Indianapolis. His daughter, Katherine, has graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Public Relations and works as a community liaison for an Apprentice organization in Indianapolis.
Douglas is a Veteran of the United States Navy and a Veteran of Foreign War, having served in Desert Shield and Desert Storm. I was honorably discharged with an RE-R1 (highly recommended for retention) discharge and decorated with many awards, including a Navy Achievement Medal. He hosts a podcast called Veteran Cast and operates NavyVets.com.
Douglas started his career in the Newspaper Industry when the internet was still new, blessed to have worked for an early adopter. His career advanced from traditional database marketing, direct mail, subscriber acquisition and retention to digital media. Douglas left the newspaper industry behind and started his career online. He was an early employee at ExactTarget (sold to Salesforce) and co-founder of Compendium (sold to Oracle).
In 2007, Douglas opened my own consulting firm – DK New Media. He did due diligence investigations for over $3 billion worth of acquisitions in the space and has helped countless companies become successful – including Dell, SmartFocus, Angie’s List, GoDaddy, Chase Paymentech, Webtrends, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Compendium, and dozens of startups that he work with.
- Wiley Published Author: Corporate Blogging for Dummies.
- Recognized by Heinz Marketing: Top 25 Marketing Influencers in the World.
- Recognized by LinkedIn: Top 25 Social Media Experts to Follow
- Recognized by Forbes: Forbes Agency Council Member Spotlight
- Recognized by Social Media Examiner: Top 10 Social Media Blog
- Finalist in the Content Marketing Awards: Best Digital Publication
People also listened to this: Why Digital Storytelling is the Way of the Future for Real Estate Marketing