Zack Leonard, the CPO, President, and Co-founder of Gembah, where they help Amazon and e-commerce sellers design, research, manufacture, and promote products joins eCommerce Radio.
Listento hostEric Dye & guests Zack Leonard discuss the following:
- Why is manufacturing outside of China important?
- How feasible is it to begin production outside of China?
- How do you vet your manufacturers to avoid risk?
- What are some of the hurdles businesses face when trying to manufacture overseas?
- What are the key industries in each of these regions?
- When people say, “I want to go to India or Mexico to diversify outside of China. How do I find these manufacturers?” What’s your advice on this?
TIP: Regardless of where you manufacture your goods, being dependent on one manufacturer for all of your products and components is risky. Having multiple suppliers in multiple regions will help you mitigate all of the possible “what if” scenarios to help you check that box off of “is my supply chain stable.” Gembah can help reduce your supply chain risk and be your local presence and represent your best interest.
Zack Leonard is the CPO, President, and Co-founder of Gembah, where they help Amazon and e-commerce sellers design, research, manufacture, and promote products. Zack was on the ground floor of the unicorn company Instacart – helping build the Texas markets from $0 to 7 Figures in weekly GMV, build the national supply forecasting system and fostering partnerships with Whole Foods, Costco, and HEB. He earned his bachelor of business administration from Texas McCombs School of Business. He lives with his wife, daughter, and two dogs in Texas.
People also listened to this: Practical Steps to Reduce Your Online Risk