EPN News, Speech Coaching Radio
How Professional Speakers Control Their Stage Fright
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm / by Dr. Bill Lampton / comments (0)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:24 — 6.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
How Professional Speakers Control Their Stage Fright with Dr. Bill Lampton
Do Professionals Experience Stage Fright? If so, how do they control it?
Consider these thought patterns & actions suggested by prominent professionals:
- Focus on the Audience.
- Arrive early to mix and mingle so you can make connections with the audience before taking the stage.
- Tell yourself that you are supposed to be nervous. You aren’t alone.
- Realize that you even though you feel nervous it doesn’t show.
- Practice in your daily speaking what you need for success when giving a speech.
- Know what you are going to say in your first 3-4 minutes.
- Engage in positive self talk.