How Professional Speakers Control Their Stage Fright
How Professional Speakers Control Their Stage Fright with Dr. Bill Lampton
Do Professionals Experience Stage Fright? If so, how do they control it?
Consider these thought patterns & actions suggested by prominent professionals:
- Focus on the Audience.
- Arrive early to mix and mingle so you can make connections with the audience before taking the stage.
- Tell yourself that you are supposed to be nervous. You aren’t alone.
- Realize that you even though you feel nervous it doesn’t show.
- Practice in your daily speaking what you need for success when giving a speech.
- Know what you are going to say in your first 3-4 minutes.
- Engage in positive self talk.