Healthcare’s Big Lie with Nelson Griswold
Nelson Griswold, Managing Director of the NextGen Benefits Network, a national alliance of business consultants who work with CEOs and CFOs who want to take control of their health care spend to manage costs, improve the quality of care, and eliminate their employees’ out-of-pocket health care costs joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Nelson Griswold discuss the following:
- What is health care’s big lie and how does that cause health care costs in the U.S. to rise every year?
- Can you explain the lack of price transparency in healthcare and provide tips for employers looking to understand these pricing structures?
- Could the COVID-19 pandemic exacerbate health care costs and how could it impact people’s health coverage?
- How can employers be proactive with their health care plans to avoid or mitigate the COVID-19 cost impact?
- What are the necessary first steps for employers to take control of their health care spend?
Health insurance industry expert Nelson Griswold, founding member of the NextGen Benefits Network, tackles the reoccurring topic of rising health care costs and the year-over-year trend of annual premium hikes that far out-pace wage growth and inflation.
With the cost of treating the COVID-19 pandemic mounting, the resulting spikes in the individual and employer insurance markets will have a devastating impact on families and small businesses that already have been hit hard by the economic fallout of the pandemic. Griswold argues that these annual premium increases are the result of healthcare’s big lie: the cost of health care and insurance premiums will go up each year and there’s nothing businesses can do about it. Families and employers are the ones are the victims of this big lie, but they are not powerless. They can do something about it even in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Griswold is the Managing Director of the NextGen Benefits Network, a monthly contributor at Employee Benefit Adviser magazine and author of industry bestsellers Breaking Through The Status Quo, NextGeneration Healthcare and DO or DIE: Reinventing Your Benefits Agency for Post-Reform Success.
People also listened to this: Choose to Recalibrate Your Energy During the Pandemic