eAtlanta, Enterprise Radio, EPN News, Exclusive Interviews, Mobile App Channel, Start Up Companies, Technology
Get Parkmobilized, Parking Made Simple
Laurens Eckelboom, Chief Strategy Officer of Parkmobile, the leading provider for on-demand and prepaid mobile payments, including bookings and reservations for on and off street parking joins Enterprise Radio and the Mobile App Channel. Their services are used in more than 1,400 locations in the U.S. by millions of registered users.
- Please tell us a bit about your company Parkmobile and what exactly your company does.
- In terms of the park mobile space your company is one of the top leaders in this particular space. How has the company grown so quickly and so fast? What’s the secret to the company’s growth that has made Parkmobile so successful?
- Is mobile parking as popular in other parts of the world or is it still mostly based in the US?
- Where do you see the industry going in the future & are there any trends in the mobile space that you see or would like to see.
- You are in over 1400 locations in 35 states with over 4 million customers, who would you say is the typical Parkmobile customer?
- I read that you have had made some agreements with various automobile companies such as Ford, BMW and others – could you talk about some of these deals that you have made and are you looking to be more active with automobile companies?
- What are some future trends that are on the horizon when it comes to mobile parking, obviously mobile parking is just the tip of the iceberg, this technology has many practical applications and ways that can be monetized , what do you see as the future of the industry – especially in regard to information and data and analytics?
- You have worked all over the world during your career, what would you say are the top 2 or 3 differences between the European and American consumer and customer when it comes to mobile payment solutions and how receptive people are to that idea and service?
- You have had a successful career in your different stops. What advice do you have for our listeners, many who are entrepreneurs that are working on the next big thing or the next big idea or starting their new small businesses and venture?
- You have spent much of your career in the mobile space, how did you first get into this space and how did you become successful in a field and industry that is constantly evolving and changing?
- I read the other day that Parkmobile appointed John Ziglar as their CEO. Can you tell our audience about him and how he will help lead Parkmobile as the newly appointed CEO.
Laurens Eckelboom is an international business development executive and has held senior positions in the financial, IT, and parking industries. Recently, he played a key role in the launch of mobile payment solutions in several European countries, and then duplicated that success in the US when Parkmobile asked him to launch a start-up in Atlanta.
Under his strategic direction, both companies became industry leaders in a few years. Widely recognized as an industry leader and innovative thinker, Laurens joined IPI Board of Directors in 2012 and is co-chairing the Smart Parking Alliance and International Committee. In 2014 he joined TAG Mobility Board of Directors.
Laurens holds two Master’s degrees, one in Business Marketing from TIAS NIMBAS Business School and one from Utrecht University in International Relations. He completed the Executive Retailing Program at Santa Clara University and serves as a guest lecturer at several universities.