For a Winning Business Strategy, Focus on Your Competitive Advantages
Dr. Chuck Bamford, Ph.D., a strategy consultant who has worked with hundreds of organizations to develop and implement a compelling strategy joins Enterprise Radio. His latest book is The Strategy Mindset 2.0: A Practical Guide to the Design and Implementation of Strategy.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Chuck Bamford discuss the following:
- Please tell us why you wrote this book.
- You pitch that employees are NOT a competitive advantage, but I see company after company tell me how great their employees are. I’ve always heard that we have to ‘hire the best’… How is it that this is wrong?
- You make it pretty clear in the book that you’re not a fan of SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats). What’s so bad about that approach to formulating strategy?
- How do organizations figure out what could be their REAL Competitive Advantages?
- Would you walk us through a “Strategy Map”?
- Who is a “Perfect Customer” and how do we locate them?
Chuck Bamford, Ph.D., is a strategy consultant who has worked with hundreds of organizations to develop and implement a compelling strategy. In his role as a professor at Texas Christian University, University of Richmond and Tulane University, and others, he has been honored with 22 Professor of the Year awards. His latest book is The Strategy Mindset 2.0: A Practical Guide to the Design and Implementation of Strategy.
People also listened to this: Tips for Business Owners to Get Back Control and Grow Your Profits