Finding ways to grow your business through brand extensions
- For a lot of people, growing a business is tough work but how one may go about growing their business varies. One of those ways is through a licensing and marketing approach known as brand extension. Tatiana, can you explain to us what is a brand extension?
- How can brand extensions help entrepreneurs at different stages of business?
- You’re known for working with many businesses both large and small. What are some things a small business or entrepreneur should consider when identifying potential brand extension partnerships?
- How do they determine which brand extension partnerships is best for a business or brand?
- Based on your experiences and what you have seen, what are some common mistakes entrepreneurs should avoid when entering a brand extension partnership?
Founder and President Tatiana J. Whytelord is an Intellectual Property, Branding & Advertising Law Expert with over 20 years of experience gained at top tier law firms and multinationals in Canada, USA, France, Monaco, Italy, Mexico, UK and Australia. Tatiana has advised on IP portfolios and strategies for many luxury brand groups including LVMH, Diageo, Gucci, Marithe & Francois Girbaud, BMW, Perrier-Jouet, Mumm and Courvoisier. She regularly sits on the advisory panels of start ups and new-to-world brands.
Tatiana was recently recognized by the National Association of Professional Women for outstanding excellence and dedication to her profession.