Event TALK – Episode 28: Top tips on implementing iBeacons at events
Corbin Ball, an international speaker, consultant and writer helping clients worldwide use technology to save time and improve productivity joins Event TALK to discuss ibeacons and how event and meeting planners can implement them at their events.
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com.
- In the last few years we’ve heard about “ibeacons” a lot in the events industry, can you share in a little more detail what these are?
- How would an event or meeting planner best implement this technology at their event?
- What are some of the pros of implementing this technology?
- You’ve just pointed out the pros of implementing this technology, what are some of the cons of implementing this technology?
- What are your top 3 tips planners should consider when implementing iBeacons or similar technologies for their events?
Corbin Ball, CSP, CMP, DES, MS is an international speaker, consultant and writer helping clients worldwide use technology to save time and improve productivity. With 20 years of experience running international technology meetings, he now is a highly acclaimed speaker with the ability to make complex subjects understandable and fun. His articles have appeared in hundreds of national and international publications and he has been quoted in the U.S. News & World Report, Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, USA Today, Fast Company, PC Magazine and others.
Corbin serves or has served on numerous hotel, corporate, convention bureau and association boards. He is the only person to have received both the MPI International Supplier of the Year and the MPI International Chapter Leader of the Year awards.
Corbin was named as one of “The 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry” for 2012 by Successful Meetings magazine, having received this award four times previously.
Corbin’s associates include a network of meeting and technology professionals including Jeff Rasco and Cardinal Communications.
To reach Corbin Ball:
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com, an event technology platform to manage and engage attendees.