eCommerce issues for Retailers
Albert Chou, Managing Partner and Accounts Director of Diesel Jack Media, a marketing and advertising firm based in Durham, North Carolina joins eCommerce Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Albert Chou discuss the following:
- What is the number one issues effecting retailers during this holiday season? It’s effecting receiving and shipping goods, can you elaborate?
- How has advertising effected retailers bottom line? And how has that translated to social media advertising?
- Because of the pandemic are consumers purchasing habits changed, who is benefiting from it?
- What other changes are you seeing in consumer buying trends?
- More and more consumers are purchasing more items online versus the big box stores? Do you think this trend will continue with the pandemic ending or do you think more consumers with go back to buying in big box stores?
Albert Chou is a managing partner and accounts director at Diesel Jack Media, and brings a customer service mindset to the company. He has been able to scale and exit multiple companies using a simple 3 step strategy:
- Be on-time
- Focus on what a customer will get (deliverables)
- Give extra
This philosophy has helped him grow multiple organizations into triple digit growth on a year over year basis while selling a variety of products and services spanning B2B enterprise software to adult party games on a consumer level.
His direct involvement has helped Mission.org to over 4M podcast downloads per year, AddShoppers e-commerce software to be named a Top 50 fastest growing company in Charlotte two years in a row, and Expion software company to be acquired by Sysomos Software in 2016, and Sysomos software to be acquired again by Meltwater in 2018.
His side projects include Composure Card game getting fully backed on Kickstarter and optioned into a TV Show by the producers of The Misery Index on TBS, and Droparoo daily deals Shopify application getting acquired and currently supporting 1,000s of merchants today.
Along the way he has served the following clients on social insights and social media marketing strategies:
- AMC Movie Theaters
- Estee Lauder Companies
- In-N-Out Burger
- Mondelez International
2020 – Diesel Jack Media started, and named host of IT Visionaries, a podcast with over 1M downloads
2019 – Mission.org scales to over 4M Downloads per year and a Top 10 Medium Publication
2019 – Composure Card Game Kickstarter is fully backed and optioned for TV Show
2018 – Best of 2018, Apple Podcasts
2017, 2018 – Fastest Growing Tech Company in Charlotte, NC
2018 – Sysomos is acquired by Meltwater
2016 – Expion is acquired by Sysomos
2015 – Forrester and Gartner rank Expion as best customer service in the SMMS category
2015 – Droparoo is acquired by agency Brand New Ship
2011 – First Start Up Experience at Expion
2008 – Stock Market Crash forces hand to focus on scaling businesses
2005 – Dog Toy Company, Dog Nasty
People also listened to this: Bed Scrunchie, solving that annoying loose fitted sheet problem