Dr. Paul MacKoul, the Co-founder of The Center for Innovative G-Y-N Care, a minimally invasive G-Y-N Surgical Practice for treatment of fibroids, endometriosis and pelvic pain joins Enterprise Fit Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Paul MacKoul discuss the following:
- What is a fibroid and is it true that African Americans are more predisposed to getting fibroids than other races?
- What should women ask their OBGYN’s to screen for during their annual visits, even if they are not experiencing symptoms?
- What are some of the risks associated with fibroids if left undiagnosed and untreated?
- Can you speak to us about the normalization of pain with GYN conditions?
- Can fibroids affect a woman’s fertility?
- What do you suggest a woman do if she feels as though she’s not being heard by her primary physician?
Paul J. MacKoul, MD, is board certified in gynecology and fellowship trained in gynecologic oncology. He is a specialist in the minimally invasive treatment of complex GYN conditions such as fibroids, ovarian masses and endometriosis, as well as early-stage GYN cancer.
Along with Natalya Danilyants, MD, he founded The Center for Innovative GYN Care®. Dr. MacKoul and Dr. Danilyants developed and perfected the DualPortGYN® and LAAM® surgical techniques performed at CIGC®. He has presented at major national meetings and been published in respected medical journals. He is frequently sought as a medical expert on techniques for minimally invasive removal of noncancerous, precancerous and cancerous tumors.
Dr. MacKoul has served as director of gynecologic laparoscopy at Holy Cross Hospital and as director of GYN oncology at George Washington University Hospital and Washington Hospital Center, as well as on the faculty of George Washington University Hospital. Dr. MacKoul graduated from medical school at Tufts University and completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Maryland. His fellowship in gynecologic oncology was at the University of North Carolina. He was named a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology Designated Surgeon in 2012.
Dr. MacKoul is CEO of Tower Surgical Partners, an ASC management company that oversees three surgery centers and four practice offices in Maryland, Virginia, New York and New Jersey.
Social Media Links:
People also listened to this: Leadership for the Post-Pandemic Future: Adapting to a New Business World