Deeanne Akerson: How This Entrepreneur is Helping Moms Look and Feel Their Best
Deeanne Akerson, the Co-founder of Kindred Bravely, a maternity and breastfeeding apparel brand focused on bringing comfort and connection to moms joins eCommerce Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Deeanne Akerson discuss the following:
- What is Kindred Bravely and why did you start your company?
- Before being the co-founder of Kindred Bravely, what did your previous resume look like?
- What sets Kindred Bravely apart from other maternity brands?
- What has been the biggest challenge in starting your own company?
- What do you love about designing products for women, or new moms specifically?
- What area of your business excites you the most (ex. product design, roll-out, advertising, social media)?
- What does the future look like for Kindred Bravely?
- What entrepreneurs or business owners do you admire?
- What advice do you have for others looking to start their own company?
Deeanne Akerson is the co-founder of Kindred Bravely, a maternity and breastfeeding apparel brand focused on bringing comfort and connection to moms. She didn’t begin her journey as an entrepreneur until after she became a mother. Frustrated with the lack of clothing options for breastfeeding moms, Deeanne started designing her own clothing, and in February 2015, she and her husband, Garret, launched Kindred Bravely. In addition to bringing comfortable clothes to new and expectant moms, Deeanne strives to create a community of moms who support and empower each other, helping them to recognize their inherent value and beauty.
Kindred Bravely won the Shopify Build a Bigger Business Competition in 2017 as one of the eight fastest-growing online retailers on Shopify’s platform. In 2019, Kindred Bravely was named #20 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing, privately-held US companies.
Prior to founding Kindred Bravely, Deeanne was a teacher and mathematician. She graduated summa cum laude from Pacific Union College where she was a member of the varsity volleyball team. She went on to earn her master’s degree in education in 2008, again graduating summa cum laude. When she isn’t busy with family or business, Deeanne loves running, hiking, backpacking, and traveling.
People also listened to this: eCommerce for Beginners with Steve Ridzyowski