Conor Delaney on starting Good Life Advisors at a young age
Conor Delaney, Founder of Good Life Advisors that is based on the impetus to promote a financial services culture dedicated to the client and the individual advisors, rather than a culture of sales and corporate profits joins Enterprise Radio.
- What is Good Life Advisors?
- What motivated you to start a business at such a young age?
- What would you say is your style of leadership?
- Tell us about your company’s culture?
- How do you hope to grow Good Life Advisors?
Conor Delaney founded Good Life Advisors in 2012 based on the impetus to promote a financial services culture dedicated to the client and the individual advisors, rather than a culture of sales and corporate profits.
A former top advisor and manager for Waddell & Reed Financial Advisors, Conor partnered at the firm with co-founder Courtnie Nein; both garnering tremendous success. With their subsequent launch of Good Life, Conor is now at the helm of one of the youngest hybrid RIA/OSJ companies in the industry, and one of the only firms offering advisors full-service office options and ownership in the RIA. With a strategic selection of industry veterans to comprise the executive team, he has positioned the organization for spectacular growth.
A graduate of Pennsylvania’s Alvernia University with degrees in Accounting and in Business Management, Conor earned both his securities and insurance licenses while a full time student and NCAA athlete.
The foundation of his personal and professional life were inspired by his father’s example of the importance of making a positive impact. Conor resides in Pennsylvania with his wife and two children.
Awards and Accolades
- Former NCAA Athlete
- 2002, 2003 Top 5 Future Business Leader of America – Accounting
- 2009 Top 5 District Manager for mid-size Broker/Dealer
- 2011 Top Financial Advisor in the country for mid-size Broker/Dealer
- 2011 Top Financial Advisor in the Waddell & Reed Advisor Channel
- 2012 Selected to open the NASDAQ stock exchange for LPL Financial
- 2014 Nomination for Berks County “Profit for Passion” Award
- 2014 Nomination for National Association of Plan Advisors Top 40 under 40 Award
- 2015 Nomination for Entrepreneurial Excellence Award
- 2015 Nomination for Berks County Emerging Entrepreneur Award
- 2015 Nomination for National Association of Plan Advisors Top 40 under 40 Award
- 2016 Awarded the Entrepreneurial Excellence Award