CODESMART UNIVERSITY, an on-line program of study for coders, clinicians, and healthcare roles of all types
Ira Shapiro, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The CODESMART™ Group, Inc., a premier national subject matter expert for ICD-10 education and compliance in the United States joins Enterprise Radio. Its product, CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY, is an on-line program of study for existing coders, new coders, clinicians, and healthcare roles of all types.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Ira Shapiro discuss the following:
- Tell us about CodeSmart Group and what you exactly you do and how you got started?
- I recently read an op-ed that you had written which discussed how the Affordable Care Act will help create new jobs in the healthcare industry, especially with the shortage of coders etc. Can you go discuss that more and how ICD-10 is connected with that as well.
- Can you also tell our audience what exactly coders do and why they are so important in the healthcare industry.
- You have been involved in the healthcare industry for a number of years and successful developed 2 new start-up companies as well as healthcare organizations. What’s the secret to your success, especially in the field of healthcare which is changing every day?
- Can you discuss CodeSmart University how that ties in with your ICD-10 program and what job opportunities will be presented for folks that complete the program, especially for returning veterans and other people that are looking for work.
- Being a CEO yourself, what does it take to be an effective leader and CEO of a company such as yours?
- What were some of the challenges you faced in the early days and how did you and your business overcome them?
- Where do you hope to take Codesmart Group in the next few years, where do you see the company growing in the future?
- What advice do you have to our listeners who maybe considering to start their own business and become future entrepreneurs.
The CODESMART™ Group, Inc. is a premier national subject matter expert for ICD-10 education and compliance in the United States. Its product, CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY, is an on-line program of study for existing coders, new coders, clinicians, and healthcare roles of all types. Created by a combination of a leading panel of ICD-10 subject matter experts and a major four-year accredited university, which contributed the nation’s top course designers and a platform that already provides interactive education to more than 60,000 students per year in degree programs. The ICD-10 training also includes live professors who work with and guide students through the programs of study in ICD-10.
CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY is endorsed by over 60 colleges and universities nationwide for its quality of education. The CODESMART™ Group, Inc. also provides solutions for ICD-10 transition, outsource coding, coding audits, critical documentation improvement and the revenue cycle continuum.
IRA SHAPIRO – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Shapiro has over 23 years’ experience building more than 50 management teams within the healthcare industry. He is a national expert in how to hire and assimilate “A” players into companies, fueling their financial success. He has an extensive background in evaluation of management teams, talent, and cultural issues relative to acquisitions and roll ups.
Since 1989, Mr. Shapiro has been an innovator in executive recruiting, hiring the best talent, coordinating and leading management teams, and in leadership development training. He has worked for 10 years as CEO of New World Healthcare Solutions, a national executive search firm in healthcare, where he developed a hiring process product which yielded over a 95% retention rate of candidates placed and functioning as “A” players which has been among the highest in the industry.
Mr. Shapiro has been a successful entrepreneur within the healthcare industry and has been responsible for developing 2 other new startup companies, as well as helping major healthcare organizations build their success.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: