Dan Dillon, the owner of CleanItSupply, an ecommerce store supplying janitorial cleaning products, restaurant and catering supplies and office supplies joins eCommerce Radio. CleanItSupply ships products all over the world to businesses of all sizes.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dan Dillon discuss the following:
- Your business has been growing dramatically year over year, what would you say has been the biggest factor in Clean It Supply’s financial growth?
- You’ve worked with a lot of different people over the years, how can you tell if someone is going to be a good fit? What advice to you have for other business owners about hiring new employees?
- When do you know it’s time to let an employee go?
- What’s been the biggest challenge when it’s come to growing your business, what advice would you have for other business owners who are just starting to grow theirs?
- What’s been the most rewarding part of running and owning a business?
CleanItSupply was born after Dan Dillon sold a successful family commercial janitorial service in 2005. Dan has always embraced the concept of being an expert in his space. He recommends other business owners, “Be confident in what you do and how you do it. Don’t worry about what your competitors are doing; focus on what you’re doing.” Dan started out providing cleaning services, but realized there was an opportunity to sell cleaning products on line to other janitorial services companies. So he bought CleanItSupply.com and opened up his own ecommerce store.
Coming from a service business and diving into a products business, Dan admits he had a lot to learn. The e-commerce business was still relatively new when Dan started Clean It Supply and not many janitorial supply web sites were out there to begin with. As Dan likes to put it, the business started out like on old car – slow and it didn’t run as smooth – and he says he hit plenty of speed bumps along the way. Today, he’ll be proud to tell you that she runs like a Ferrari…
Related Web Site: www.cleanitsupply.com
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: