Julie Northcutt the CEO and founder of Caregiverlist.com the premier service connecting seniors and professional caregivers with the most reliable senior care options, highest quality ratings and outstanding careers nationwide joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Julie Northcutt discuss the following:
- What common misconceptions do seniors and their families have regarding the cost of senior care and the government covering these costs?
- Why is there such a growing need for senior caregivers and what type of training or education is needed to become a caregiver?
- How can Caregiverlist.com be a useful tool to not only seniors and their families but also caregivers?
- Do you have any tips on the best hiring practices to find the best people to get your company up and running?
- How can companies use the growing number of baby boomers to improve their business?
- What advice do you have for other entrepreneurs that are looking to start their business online?
In 2008, Julie Northcutt launched Caregiverlist.com, the premiere service connecting seniors and professional caregivers with the most reliable senior care options. As an entrepreneur in digital media, Northcutt’s goal is to deliver the efficiencies of digital technology to senior care companies, professional senior caregivers and families. Caregiverlist.com not only provides the most reliable senior care options, but also the highest quality ratings of long-term care communities and outstanding careers nationwide. Seniors and caregivers can access senior service information “by state,” view long-term care costs and star-ratings and learn about all senior care options and quality standards on Caregiverlist.com.
Northcutt developed the concept for Caregiverlist.com while owning, Chicagoland Caregivers, a senior home care agency she founded in 2001. Chicagoland Caregivers grew to become a leading agency in the Chicagoland area, including being ranked in Inc. 5000’s fastest growing private companies. Northcutt sold the agency to LivHome, Inc., in 2007, in order to focus more attention on developing Caregiverlist.com.
Northcutt began her career in journalism, graduating from the University of Missouri School of Journalism and moving to Washington, DC. She launched the online advertising platform for Morningstar.com in 1996, as a first-mover in the early days of the internet. She began her career later working for USA Today and credits her entrepreneurial eye to growing up on a family farm.
In her spare time, Northcutt enjoys running, advising small businesses, as well as tutoring for Chicago Lights, a nonprofit committed to seeking justice and compassionately serving neighbors in need.
Related Web Site: www.caregiverlist.com
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: