Peter Mühlmann, Founder and CEO of Trustpilot, a leading online ratings and review community dedicated to building trust and transparency between businesses and consumers joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is brought to you by DesignCrowd.com. Learn more and receive your Enterprise Radio $100 VIP offer when you start your next project.
- Let’s start by giving a quick background of Trustpilot, its beginnings and your role at the company.
- What were your key motivators in starting this company? How many reviews are currently on Trustpilot?
- Trust and transparency are the key pillars of Trustpilot. How does the company build trust between businesses and consumers?
- What are the biggest challenges you face as a business?
- Trustpilot is experience exponential growth and has already opened its second location in the U.S. What do you attribute this rapid growth to and where is Trustpilot headed in the future?
- As an entrepreneur yourself, what advice can you give to your fellow entrepreneurs in growing a business?
- Why is company culture so important?
Summary: Install your company’s values and make it the center of your business. At Trustpilot, we maintain trust and transparency and encourage open, honest conversations that lead to more educated and informed decisions. As an entrepreneur, these values remain true and will lead you to success in the long run.
Mühlmann is Founder and CEO of Trustpilot, a fast-growing tech startup looking to transform online consumer shopping experiences, and has been the main driver behind the company’s continued global expansion. Over the last nine years he has led Trustpilot from a small Danish startup to an international, multi million-dollar company. Peter heads the company focusing on business strategy and product development.
Founded in 2007, Trustpilot now provides more than 130,000 businesses with TrustScores based on 20 million customer reviews. Peter has expanded the company from 1 to 500+ employees with offices in New York, London, Melbourne, Berlin and Copenhagen. He was named Danish Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young in 2013, and in the same year Trustpilot won ‘Danish start-up of the year’ at the Next Web’s European Startup Awards. Peter holds a bachelor’s degree from Aarhus University School of Business.