Enterprise Radio, EPN News, Technology
Boréas Technologies Inc., a top semiconductor company to watch
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (18.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Simon Chaput the Founder and CEO of Boréas Technologies Inc., a fabless semiconductor company commercializing product-differentiating piezo IC platforms in consumer and industrial markets joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is on association with the Technology Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Simon Chaput discuss the following:
- The global haptic technology market is set to reach US $17.7 billion by 2027. Why do you feel this market is growing at such a rapid pace?
- How is Boréas Technologies disrupting the haptic driver market?
- Describe your latest product including the BOS1921.
- What are some key features of the BOS1921?
- When will this product be available?
- What are some of the other products you released this year?
- Overall, what differentiates you from your competition?
- What are the technologies that are used by Boréas?
- Are most of your customers in the semiconductor industry?
- How important was it for you to keep Boréas in Quebec, versus being tempted to relocate to Silicon Valley?
Simon Chaput is the founder and CEO of Boréas Technologies. While pursuing his Ph.D. at Harvard University between 2013 to 2017, he invented a new technology to enable the use of piezoelectric actuators while using a very small amount of energy. After realizing the commercial potential of the technology, he negotiated a license for the technology from Harvard University and then assembled the key pieces to launch Boréas Technologies. In 2016, he was a finalist at the MassChallenge, a leading startup accelerator in the United States.
Since then, Mr. Chaput attracted an experienced team and raised the funding required to commercialize the technology. Under his leadership, Boréas Technologies was able to develop relationships with major OEMs and make fast progress toward the release of a first product. Mr. Chaput holds a B.Eng (2011) and a M.A.Sc. (2013) from Université de Sherbrooke.
People also listened to this: This K-12 Got an Education in Unlocking The Secret to their Institution’s Productivity!