Bommarito Performance Systems, getting their clients ready for the NFL Draft
Pete Bommarito, the President of Bommarito Performance Systems, the leader in sports performance, speed training and nutrition joins Entrepreneurial Fit Radio. Pete tells us what they are currently doing with their clients to get them ready for the big day.
The mission at Bommarito Performance is to provide the industry-leading services, information, and destination location facilities for all athletes and fitness enthusiasts and those in need of medical and/or rehabilitative care at all levels and ages.
Get the most advanced and revolutionary training in the industry from Bommarito Performance Systems. Pete and his staff have worked with every level of athlete in the professional ranks, including NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, USTA, MLS, PGA, and MMA.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Pete Bommarito discuss the following:
- Can you give our listeners again a brief description about your company and what do you do?
- With the draft just a few weeks away, what are you currently doing with your clients to get them ready for the big day?
- Do you prepare them for individual pro days or private visits by teams to view your clients and potential draft picks loser in action?
- Once the draft has been completed, do you still work with these athletes after they have been drafted and go to training camps with their respective teams? What’s your involvement with clients afterwards?
- In terms of the 2014 draft next year, how to you recruit players and potential draft picks. Do you pith yourself and your services to them or do they seek out you and your expertise or is it a mix of both?
- You train many athletes in all the major sports. What are some of the major differences when training athletes in the various major sports, especially football, basketball, baseball and hockey?
- Is there one athlete that you have trained over the years that you are most proud of? Because of a personal story or something the athlete had to overcome?
- What would you like our listeners to know about what you do and athletic training in general that most folks take for granted.
- I’m not sure if you saw but this past weekend Louisville’s basketball player Kevin Ware broke his leg during the game. Besides rehabilitation what advice would you have for an athlete like that to get back to playing shape and peak performance after sustaining such an injury? What advice do you have for a player and athlete like him?
Pete Bommarito is the owner and president of Bommarito Performance Systems, which is regarded around the world as a leading information source in the industry. The concept behind Bommarito Performance System is to provide the latest application methods based on the scientific principles outlined in current research in the form of educational materials, DVD’s, conferences and speaking engagements, and consulting in the performance enhancement, personal training, and medical fields. Pete and his company have been instrumental in providing education and information to many different sport coaches, performance specialists, trainers, athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and medical specialists at all levels. He is regarded as one of the top coaches in the industry for his innovative, scientifically based approach to sport specific training.
He has brought his nationally recognized expertise to the team of Bommarito Performance Systems, where he is directly responsible for developing all protocols and implementing all programming. The Advisory board for the performance, nutrition, and medical fields that he has implemented provides the scientific basis from some of the most recognized and accomplished sources in the world.
Pete began his career as an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Specialist from Ball State University. He was responsible for implementing and directing the performance and nutrition programs for the majority of the Division 1-A sports at the University. He was also instrumental in directing the performance program for the highly successful baseball team, which has produced numerous high draft picks, including Brian Bullington (#1 overall pick in the 2002 MLB draft). He completed an internship with the Indianapolis Colts in 1999 under the tutelage of Jon Torine, who is one of the most recognized and successful Strength and Conditioning Coaches in the NFL. Pete assisted in all aspects of the Colts off-season performance and nutritional programs.
In 2000, Pete ventured to the world-renowned International Performance Institute in Bradenton, FL. He directed the country’s most successful NFL Combine Preparation Program for IMG’s football clients, which produced 15 first-round draft picks in four years, including Eli Manning (#1 overall pick in the 2004 NFL draft). He also directed the performance program for the Florida Collegiate International League. This highly successful summer wood bat league produced over 75 MLB draft picks during Pete’s tenure. In addition, Pete was instrumental in providing performance and nutritional programs for many of the youth, collegiate, and professional athletes in baseball, basketball, hockey, tennis, golf, and soccer. He also was involved with the development and implementation of the highly successful adult fitness programs for the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, and the David Leadbetter Golf Academy on the IMG campus. He was instrumental in providing the latest fitness and nutrition instruction to all of the adult members and guests – ranging from general fitness, to implementing a “Train like the Pro’s” sport-specific strength and conditioning programs for golf and tennis.
Pete is one of the nations most sought after speakers for his expertise in all aspects of performance enhancement. His speaking engagements include numerous major conferences held by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN), the NIKE high school football clinics, and the Arnold Classic. His rise to fame on the international speaking circuit and his persistence to providing educational excellence led him to a partnership with Sam Caucci and GAMETIME clinics. Pete serves as GAMETIME’s chief information resource and conference speaking coordinator, where he has assembled some of the most prominent names in the fields of performance enhancement, nutrition, and sports medicine for the various clinics and seminars. He also served as an adjunct professor for Florida Atlantic University in the Exercise Science department, where he taught classes in the Masters level program with emphasis in Strength and Conditioning.
Pete received his M.S. in Exercise Science with a specialization in Sports Biomechanics at Ball State University, and his B.S. in Biology/Pre-Medicine from Missouri State University. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA, and is a Level One Certified Club Coach through the United States Weightlifting Association. Pete also has a Jumpstart Trained Practitioner (lower/upper) through Greg Roskof’s Muscle Activation Techniques TM Program.
Related Web Site: www.bommaritoperformance.com
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: