Big Bottom Whiskey located in Hillsboro, Oregon a part of the Greater Portland Area and Founder, Ted Pappas joins Enterprise Radio. Mr. Pappas pursued his passion to create his own premium style whiskey and despite the challenges, has accomplished that dream.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Ted Pappas discuss the following:
- Can you set the stage on the decision to enter the whiskey manufacturing business?
- Was it a challenge to start a business during this economy and how did you obtain the financing to move forward?
- I understand you recently changed your label. Please explain the reason for that significant business/branding change.
- Also, you recently opened a tasting room and you’re offering two additional whiskies at the Hillsboro, Oregon warehouse/tasting room. Why did you decide to do this recently? Has it positively impacted sales?
- What have you learned from this experience and what would your advice be to another person wanting to enter the spirits industry or business ownership in general?
Big Bottom Whiskey Founder, Ted Pappas pursued his passion to create his own premium style whiskey and despite the challenges, has accomplished that dream. As a 1991 graduate of The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, all of Pappas’ whiskeys are proofed at 91° as a tribute to his classmates.
Related Web Site: bigbottomwhiskey.com
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: