An End to Upside Down Thinking with Mark Gober
Mark Gober, the author of the book “An End to Upside Down Thinking: Dispelling the Myth That the Brain Produces Consciousness, and the Implications for Everyday Life ” joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio works in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Mark Gober discuss the following:
- What is your personal, professional, and educational background?
- How did you become interested in the topics you discuss in your book, An End to Upside Down Thinking?
- Why did you write the book and what was your process for writing it?
- What do you mean by “upside down thinking”?
- What are near-death experiences and why don’t you think they are hallucinations?
- How could mainstream thinking be so off-base?
- How has this new line of thinking changed your life?
- What are the implications for science, medicine, artificial intelligence, and Elon Musk’s Neuralink startup?
- What are the implications for world peace?
Mark Gober is an author whose worldview was turned upside down in late 2016 when he was exposed to world-changing science. After researching extensively, he wrote An End to Upside Down Thinking to introduce the general public to these cutting-edge ideas – all in an effort to encourage a much-needed global shift in scientific and existential thinking.
Mark, a partner in a Silicon Valley investment bank and strategy firm, has long sought answers to life’s challenging questions. As an undergraduate at Princeton University, he was drawn to astrophysics because he wanted to understand the universe. But because due to commitments as a member of Princeton’s Division I Tennis Team, he decided that astrophysics would be too demanding. So instead of studying the invisible forces that govern the universe, he studied the invisible forces that secretly drive human behavior, getting a degree in psychology, focusing on behavioral economics.
In the summer of 2016, he randomly stumbled across a series of podcasts that exposed him to some radical new ideas. Those ideas put into question the most basic assumptions about who and what we are as human beings. An End to Upside Down Thinking will change how you look at everything!
People also listened to this: Alaska Man: A Memoir of Growing Up and Living in the Wild of Alaska
Disclaimer: The beliefs, views, ideas and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not reflect the views and opinions of The Entrepreneur Podcast Network.