Enterprise Radio, EPN News, eSanDiego, Exclusive Interviews, Finances, Financial, Investing, Retirement
A Q&A with Define Financial Founder & CEO Taylor Schulte, CFP®
Taylor Schulte, Founder and CEO of Define Financial, a San Diego-based wealth management firm joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with eSanDiego (Greater San Diego, CA Entrepreneurs).
- Tell me a little bit about Define Financial—what type of services do you provide, the type of clients you work with, etc.?
- How did you get started?
- What makes you different from the competition?
- You mentioned retirement planning—how important is it to plan for retirement? When should you start and is it ever too late?
- Can you give a recent example where you helped a client understand his or her retirement options?
- So how does one know if they need a financial planner. Are there specific signs? Life stages, etc.? And if so, what should they look for in their search?
Taylor Schulte, CFP® is Founder and CEO of Define Financial, responsible for company’s vision, strategy and execution. Schulte is passionate about helping clients create successful financial plans, accumulate wealth and plan for retirement. While he works with a range of individuals and small businesses, Schulte has a keen understanding of young professionals’ financial needs and infuses industry-leading technology into his practice to optimize client results and experience.
Prior to founding Define Financial in early 2014, Schulte served as a financial advisor at Morgan Stanley and launched the San Diego operations for Beverly Hills Wealth Management, where he spent two years growing his client base.
Just recently, Schulte was honored with the 2015 Five Star Wealth Manager Award, a recognition limited to less than five percent of wealth managers in San Diego, and the 2015 Metro Mover award, which recognizes professionals making outstanding contributions to their vocation. He has been featured in a number of national and local publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Main Street, Financial Advisor, AdviceIQ, San Diego Business Journal and San Diego Magazine. He is also a regular contributor to San Diego Downtown News.
Schulte holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from the University of Arizona and an Executive Financial Planner Advanced Certificate from San Diego State University. When he isn’t busy developing customized financial plans to ensure his clients’ success, Schulte enjoys traveling with his wife, playing golf and discovering new restaurants in his hometown of San Diego.